Saturday 28 April 2012

I mother earth

The other day I took a good long look at my post pregnancy body - I was a little disheartened. I stared at my belly and thought hateful thoughts about it. Later that day I was talking to Oliver and out of no where he said "Mom, I like your belly. I like your belly because it can make babies."

I like Oliver's take on it better than mine. He's changed my mind about the whole thing. My belly has brought me so much happiness and joy. I think I like my belly too.

5 comments:

Eileen Young said...

What an observant, clever sin you have.
Grannie

Bonnie White said...

There's a reason Spanx is the number one seller in women's under apparel right now so don't be disheartened. And yes your belly has brought forth some beautiful children.

Nora said...

So sweet.

ty said...

Congratulations, Char! I think I saw you from a distance in Edmonton a while ago, and you looked pretty great. Keep active, and hang in there. There's so much that's beautiful about you. Your blog too, btw.

Joan and Gord Majeran said...

Your body/belly has created three beautiful children - the joy of your life. Recognize the wonderful gift of both. You are beautiful.