Thursday 2 May 2013

See? People who eat at McDonalds aren't so bad.

Driving through the McDonalds drive thru one day I decided to pay for the car behind me. When I told the lady at the window that I wanted to do that she asked "Do you know those guys or is it just to be nice?" I said "Just to be nice." She smiled and nodded then said "You know, every time I work the window there are usually about two people a shift who do that." I was really surprised - that's a lot, don't you think? I love that there are people in my area who are doing things like that just to be nice. Whenever I perform a random act of kindness I feel great doing it because there is something a little special about giving to someone who will never pay you back and never has done anything nice to you before. When you offer help to people you know there does seem to be a bit of a friendship bank account that both parties try to balance. But when helping a stranger, someone you will likely never see again - you are throwing your love out into the unknown as an act of faith and maybe as a declaration that we are all connected and when one benefits, we all benefit. It feels great to open your heart up to the universe and ask "May I take your order please?"


No comments: